The Occupational Medical Record
Ensuring documentation and privacy
Webinar: Tuesday July 9, 2019, 9AM pacific, noon ET
In today’s highly competitive health care environment, following the regulations and legal guidelines for information security is a high priority for occupational health programs.
We have identified some issues that were heretofore not recognized before the widespread use of health system EMRs in family practices.
Occupational Health Programs using the same format are now privy to personal health information on client company employees presenting for pre-placement exams, DOT exams, injury management and other regulatory exams.
Our goal is to provide you with the overview of the occupational health record and the HIPAA guideline for protected health information.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this short and concise seminar:
- Defining the occupational health record data that can be shared with employers.
- Identifying regulatory agencies govern the occupational health record.
- Discussing the data sharing that requires medical authorization for release of information.
- Defining components must be included in a Medical Authorization Release of Information form.
- Discussing when personal health information can be shared without a medical authorization form signature.
Donna Lee Gardner