Original Deadline for new forms use was Dec 22, 2015 – Now extended to April 20, 2016 – see below for info on a new electronic DOT forms below!
Attention Certified Medical Examiners
Until December 22, 2015, Certified Medical Examiners are required to continue to use current driver examination forms found on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/medical/driver-medical-requirements/medical-applications-and-forms.
The FMCSA announces a 120-day grace period during which Medical Examiners may use either the current or the newly revised versions of the Medical Examination Report (MER) Form and Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC). This period is from December 22, 2015, until April 20, 2016. This action is being taken to ensure that Medical Examiners have sufficient time to become familiar with the new forms and to program electronic medical records systems.
- Guidance on the Medical Examiner’s Certification Integration Final Rule Regarding Use of Driver Examination Forms
Features you need:
- Internet Browser based
- Driver fills in history portion ahead of time from any browser
- Auto upload results to National Registry
- Clinical decision support
- Employer/Motor carrier portal for results
- Reminders/alerts for recertifications