Investors, Attorneys, Researchers, Physicians
"Give me an hour and you'll learn more about all aspects of the urgent care and occmed industries than you could compile in several weeks of research!"
View "How To Start Your Own Urgent Care Center" for an overview of our industry - absolutely free right here:
This is from a webinar I gave for Henry Schein. We go through everything from site selection, build out, marketing, staffing, services, operations, finance - all the areas of opening and operating an urgent care center.
Spend an hour here and I'm sure it will answer most of your questions, but I trust you'll want to dive even deeper or move into some specific areas about Occupational medicine, ancillary services, or other industry trends.
Thank you for building a great resource for providers who are trying to give quality care in the challenging in-between space of urgent care facilitiesDeepti Reddy, MD
"I just finished the course on OSHA Recordables. It really helped clarify some issues for me. I was assuming certain events were NOT recordable, but I was WRONG. My clients will be happy. I can't wait to check out the course on sleep apnea for DOT examinations next."John Jurica, MD, Medical Director, Promptcare
I am responsible for employee health at my hospital and deal with BBP exposures on a daily basis. I believe it took me months to understand all of the information you presented so well in a half hour lecture. This was a great review for me and reassured me that I was doing things correctly. As always, I am very grateful I found your site and look forward to more of your excellent presentations.Walter Vieweg, DO, Medical Director, Occupational Services Lake Health System
Why You Should Schedule a Consult
From Dr. Earl...
I'm a subject matter expert on Urgent Care, DOT Exam and Occupational Medicine for companies like GLG, InfoSight and Coleman Research
I provide investors with C-level insight into some of our industries' most complex problems and at the same time I can break it down for those just coming into the industry to give you a very comfortable starting point.
For owners, medical directors, clinic managers and providers, I provide one-on-one mentoring on all aspects of running your urgent care, occupational medicine or other medical practice (I've even consulted for ophthalmologists to expand their practice, dermatologists to get more referrals from urgent care centers, hospitals to start occmed programs and build new centers.
Anywhere you are in the spectrum, you'll take away actionable concepts.
Get a Consult
Just submit your questions and issues you'd like to cover below, hit the schedule button, submit your payment and pick a convenient time. I usually have availability over the next few days.
If for any reason you decide not to continue the consult up to the first 15 minutes, you will receive a refund of the consulting fee.
Submit your questions here
I can answer some brief "qualifying" questions before you commit to a consultation. Typically you might want to know I'm not an employee, director of, consultant to, or major shareholder of any companies you want to discuss.
You may also want a few more specifics about my knowledge of a certain aspect of the industry.
For longer term projects/engagements, such as:
- opening a new center
- turnaround poor performing centers
- expansion, merger/acquisition (I'm not a broker, but will play on the strategic & operations side)
- hospital urgent care strategy
- bringing new products or services to existing practices please click here
Just submit the details, we'll schedule a complimentary discovery call and propose terms of engagement.
- Lawrence Earl, MD is a seasoned physician executive with over 30 years of experience owning and operating Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine centers. Currently full time consulting for clients ranging from independent urgent care practices to billion dollar healthcare organizations on all aspects of urgent care and occupational medicine from strategy and design, marketing and implementation and operational optimization.
- Previously he served as COO and CMO of ASAP Urgent Care, a startup urgent care organization with 4 centers in the New Haven, CT area, which were sold off to hospitals and physician groups.
- Before ASAP he owned and operated IMCC, Immediate Medical Care Centers, for 17 years, providing urgent care, occupational medicine, corporate clinics, DOT clinics and other employer based services in northern NJ.
- This group was sold to Concentra in 2010, with Dr. Earl consulting for Concentra in areas of provider training and clinical operations.
- In addition to community based urgent care, corporate health programs at Concentra and IMCC included care of worker's compensation patients, DOT, respirator, hazmat and executive physicals and drug screens, as well as wellness services, health fairs, disease screenings, executive travel consultations and many other services provided at company locations.
- Prior to acquiring IMCC, Dr. Earl was Corporate Medical Director for HealthNet, of Oakland NJ, responsible for medical operations of 14 urgent care centers in NJ, NY and CT, and as part of the senior management team, helped to prepare that company for sale to Coastal Healthcare group, a NASDAQ listing physician practice management company, in 1994.
- Dr. Earl is also medical director for NADME.org, the National Academy of DOT Medical Examiners, the leading online training organization to prepare medical examiners for the NRCME, National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners exam. This organization has successfully trained over 9500 medical examiner candidates nationwide.
- He has given educational presentations for well known Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine Conferences and organizations such as UCAOA, Strategic Solutions, NAOHP, and many more.